Tuesday 8 February 2011

Panasonic HDC-SD700

Hey all,

Just wanted to post to a quick update to let you guys know that I've made a start on filming my video blogs. It's taken me ages to remember how to setup up HD footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and even longer trying to export the finished file in a suitable format for YouTube.

Panasonic HDC-SD700
Most of the videos that you see here will be filmed using my Panasonic HDC-SD700. Trust me for the amont that I paid for it I need another reason to use it when I'm not busy filming video interviews for Everyone's UnitedIt's such a great Camcorder for what it is and the quality when filming in Full HD 1080p is amazing. It can also caputure audio in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound so as you see it's quite serious. I guess if you have the right expensive equipment that the sound reproduction must be amazing. Sadly I don't but I can imagine its sick!

Another great thing about this camcorder is that it even has a crucial input for using external microphone so it ideal for using clip on mics for when you want to capture voice it its best quality. Very little background noise is picked up and if you do get get a little you can always clean it up using an audio programme like Adobe Sound Booth. Any hissing or unwanted noise can be simply removed until you have achieved the required result that your looking for. You can even convert sound recorded in Mono and create a second channel to achieve Stereo. I do this allot since I didn't realise that the clip mic I used for my video interviews wasn't stereo.

Panasonic VW-V4607H Wide Angle Lens
Normally I like to attach a wide angle lens especially when using it for interviews. A wide angle len is great for example when you shoot a large group video indoors and when you haven't got much space. You cannot simply step back any further to make them all fit in. A wide angle lens is all you need to have. Make sure that it is designed to work in HD and just look at the effect that you get. Some of the shots that you get can be quite break taking especially outdoors. I'd fully recommend one to anyone filming in small spaces or outdoors.

I'll try my best to upload a few pictures in the future so you can see everything fully setup for filming. Trust me it looks epic for what it is. I really need and want to start using this camcorder more in the future so if your reading this and feel up to a filming project just let me know.

More updates soon peeps,

Take care..!

No comments:

Post a Comment